Social media is a something we are all familiar with along with continuously being bombarded by it. It no longer just connects people across regions and backgrounds, it has also developed a life of its own now, is vital in today’s tech heavy society.
With the advent of applications like Instagram, it is all about being seen for even the most mundane routine activities. Although Nobel winner Malala Yousafzai famously said, “What is interesting is the impact and power of social media. So, we must try to use social media in a good way”, it is now also being used just to update, with the positive purpose behind it not always crystal clear.
From what you eat to where you are and who you’re with, Instagram helps you show case it all. Be it the 24 hour story that you can post to the location tags for your pictures or even the innumerable filters that it has, Instagram has undoubtedly transformed the way we see and use social media. As of 2017, Instagram has about 800 million active viewers. It is seen as a great interactive and wide reaching platform to post pictures and gather the attention that you need and want. You could be a blogger, a baker, a makeup artist or even a regular person wanting to express yourself, Instagram suits us all. It has a niche for everyone making it very inclusive.
Any Instagrammer (as we like to call ourselves) would be aware of the basics involved in sharing stories on Instagram. However, there is so much more to it! There are secret tools on Instagram that could make your videos more innovative and appealing. Following stories on Snapchat, Instagram launched its Story feature in August of 2016 and since then it has exploded. Research has estimated that about 250 million Instagrammers have begun to share stories on Instagram.
As a result of these stories, people’s time spent on the app has consequently increased from 24 minutes to 32 minutes. As we all know, some stories stand out from the rest making us view them multiple times. What is the special thing that sets those apart? Many brands and celebrities know how to work their stories and gather the attention of the viewers. Though it isn’t that simple, there are a few hacks that you can use to make your Instagram stories stand out too.
Here are some tips and tricks to help your Instagram story stand out:
1. Make use of stickers. Instagram releases new stickers almost every day so make sure you don’t miss them and use the appropriate ones to “jazz up” your content.
2. Increase the views that your story receives by allowing people to share them with others.
3. Use the pen option to add more dimension to your story.
4. Add a funky & appealing background colour to the picture in your story, making it more attractive.
5. Ensure that the text in your story is interesting & appealing to readers and ensure that you make the text look funkier.
6. Lastly, you could either add music to your story or mute your story, depending on what you fancy and what suits the storyline.
Voila! Here that’s about the secrets of making your story and Instagram sensation! Sounds pretty simple, doesn’t it? So then, why not use these simple tips and make your story stand out in the best way?